Translate

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Introduction

a picture of a 2 yr old me!
Hello, my name is Kshama/Ashroo. Being a south Indian, I've
5 more names and tons of nicknames (courtesy my friends and my love for nicknaming people). I like to write (like about my opinions/ideas/comments on some issue, random shorts, random topics that pop into my head when I’m jobless or during exams when it is dangerous for me to think about stuff apart from syllabus subjects, etc ).
This is my 3rd blog and hence I’m going to be answering a few questions.

General FAQs:
1. Who are you?
-I am an engineering student. (That is all I could come up with.)

2. Why do you have 3 blogs?
- Well my first blog was made when I had no idea about the world of blogging back in 2009. A couple of my friends were into it and asked me to start blogging. I made a profile here, posted a few things but they were very inconsistent and random posts and I wasn't regular. Plus it was badly maintained. I never proof read it for errors. You can go check out ashipai.blogspot.com if you want to laugh a little because honestly…I think it’s that bad.
I started another blog in the year 2011 after I read a book by Kate Le Vann in which the female lead writes a blog that is locked and maintains it as a diary. I did that too and I have quite a few posts but again I couldn't post regularly.

3. Why the 3rd one?
- I have an app on my phone called the Writer (no am not showing off, it’s a free app) and I keep writing about a lot of stuff. During exams I used to write about 3 posts a day. I wasn't going to start this blog but I realized it would be great to know what people think about the topics I choose to write about, you know like a second opinion. Maybe you could change my POV or give me another way of looking at it. All that, if this blog gets readers. If not, I’d use it to store everything I write because I keep losing all the data when I change my phone due to my own fault of not taking regular backups. Plus I could read it in future to see how my writing has evolved over the period of years…or degraded and cry about it :’( …

4. What does appiqué mean?
-Well, back in 12th grade I had (still do:-P) a friend. She used to call me Appy.  I loved that nickname and it was stuck in my head- Appy because my initials are A.P.
As Appy isn't available plus the brand would probably sue me for using it as a blog title…I call my blog appiqué (just to make a personalized Adjective out of it).

5. Why is there a baby picture of you in this post?
- I wanted to post an image, not of me or something as such, just to make the post a little interesting...heyyyy, wait a minute. Why am I justifying myself? Deal with it no. No m kidding. I just wanted to see how the entire thing looks and I couldn't find anything relevant / appropriate. So I thought of going with what I do generally…being random!


So yep, that’s it folks. I guess that answers all the generally asked questions i.e. if you had any in the first place. If you've any more, go on ask…
I hope I post regularly, so I could have something to do at least.
Thanks for reading. Happy blogging.
-          Appiqué <3


No comments: