Translate

Friday, June 28, 2013

Bookworm part 2

Ciao a tutti!
Yesterday I told you a story of how the bambino of the firstborn of the Kudvas and the youngest of the Pai lot  turned out to be a treacherous one when it comes to reading books.
Everybody in my family had lost all hope. They'd now accepted me as I was but would make sure they make me feel guilty about it.

What was I supposed to do? I just didn't want to read. Adding to this, was a group of kids who'd make groups(on orkut) like" I hate Reading " and other anti reading stuff that I would promptly go and join.

One day as dad and mum were vigorously searching through piles of books stacked in the then famous GRANTH book shop
Racks ,their daughter was busy looking at game CDs(well, my dad was happy about this.. Atleast she likes playing games on the computer). He'd get me games like nfs, roadrash, mario, pokemon cd that never worked on my pc, sabrina and mob enforcer which sort of scared the hell out of me! I would shout like a scared kid on a rollercoaster every time I'd shoot someone. But books were still a NO-NO.

Back to the topic at hand, I glanced at the teen fictions and made revolting faces at the section titled Enid Blyton. Then I spotted a book by the woman who changed reading for me.
It was Eva Ibbotson.
It was some book on kids trying to make some money and save their home or something by having a ghost museum with actual ghosts. The idea,though vague, the writing was humorous. It was such a joyride reading it.. Joke after joke, surprise after surprise.
Probably it was because I wasn't forced to read it or the fact that noone was reading it is why to chose to pick it.
My parents couldn't have been happier.
I've read almost 70 books after that. I bought another Eva Novel after the completion of this book and I did not like it much but I completed it and have been reading ever since.

There might be some of you who don't like to read, yet.
Well if you are reading this or you read blogs, you aren't a non reader.
But trust me when I tell you, there is atleast one book for each one of us out there. These things explain things to us that we know but probably don't want to accept. They teach you while helping you to relate and feel " you are not alone".

If you are a potterhead or twilight series  fan, then you even have a family out in the entire world.

And if you are like me, who refuses( because of some shitty absurb reason) to like what is generally liked,  then there are loads and loads of books out there. For you. Like you. Like me. Waiting for the right one to come pick it and escape into a different world altogether.. A better and  much more beautiful world .
-Appiqué<3

4 comments:

Bahul Jain said...

Don't know why but the only part in this post I fixated on was the underlined word 'treacherous'-> that reminded me of a Synonym for that word “perfidious“..haha.. And now I feel I should start studying for gre..! Alvida, appiqué.

Unknown said...

I swear I don't remember specifically underlining it. But that gives me a good way of grabbing attention! Thankyou bah.

Bahul Jain said...

Such audacious prevarication!!! I know it that you purposely did that so I would fixate on it... And then I would be compelled to comment! Its like I have actually hovered over that word three four times... And clicked it another five times.. Just to see what's that underline for.. You have ruined my life Kshama.. Such great plans I had for my life.. And look at what I am stuck obsessing on! Lol! :D..

Unknown said...

God...and you call me histrionic ?