Translate

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Advices

I woke up at 2 pm today! I guess my family is at peace whenever I'm asleep so nobody bothered to wake me up or they tried, but in vain. Honestly, I think they didn't try.
:-P
So a post from my writer app. Something I'd written as a result of outburst due to extreme boredom.

Everyone wants to be a guru these days. It is raining advices in the world nowadays. Don't you feel the same?
Sometimes you just want to share some experience and there's a blabbermouth in the room who's ready to bombard you with advices u don't even require.
Or you are sad and just need a friendly ear. But that ear turns into a ear eating monster. Urghh.

Here, these are a few instances where advising can go horribly wrong. Based on past experience.
-My mum n I have gone through this. My family doctor is great. He's bubbly and friendly and yes, very experienced. But, my mum n I don't always fall ill because of STRESS. 8th grade: right during the exams, I Start vomiting and have this sudden severe case of diarrhoea. I am not exaggerating when I tell u this, I was in the toilet the entire day- puking, followed by diarrhoeal outburst and back to puking. The doctor kept dismissing it saying it was because of hurry, curry, worry.. Eh? For a whole week, this kept happening until my principal told my mom to get my urine checked, she suspected it was jaundice. Yes, the test was positive for jaundice. But my dad then handed my responsibility over to my uncle who is also a doctor. He did a thorough checkup and a blood test was done that revealed I had dengue parasite. This incident repeated this year as mum started puking and puking repeatedly. Again the local Doctor dismissed it. Again my Uncle intervened. It was jaundice this time.

Either I'm seriously missing out on the fact that life's looked upon as a worthless entity or people have to look beyond their experiences and start learning and adopting newer methods.
Had it not been for my uncle's timely diagnosis, God only knows what would've happened. Had he too dismissed us by saying it was stress! God.. thank god he didn't.
Well, that's not all that urged me to write such a post.

Given how immensely un-girly I am, there have always been these people who keep advising me to wear makeup or wear fancy stuff,  but little do they know there are people who consider these gurus- fashion disasters. And I can't deny. I laugh a little too.

M not pinpointing at only these. Neither m I denying that sometimes even I might have acted like a "baba" but, I think we all should always keep a vigil eye out for people who might not appreciate the advice.

So many people tell me," you tell them. They might listen." My response is no. Forced advice is the worst advice. If u could genuinely do something for someone, then just listen. Be there. Or just vanish. Don't be around.
But don't act like a know-it-all.
People get a lot of shit daily. From family members, from people at work , college, friends, rickshaw and taxi drivers, "stinky arm pit with lots of hair on it" women in the evening local trains, crowded and packed to an extent that they defy all rules of volume and proportion...
So, don't be a fart. I mean, don't add on to the pile.
Ease it or release it, I mean them. Just let them be. 
That is my advi... Err admin I mean administrative responsibility for the ...

I should just sleep.

Adios!
  - Appiqué

No comments: