Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Poem 1:

I've never been confident enough to share poems or random stuff I write with a rhyme scheme :-P.
And that is because my pieces are very amateurish. Highly basic. I see, read amazing poetic works online and I'm always awestruck.
But today, just because I don't have a weird talkathonish topic on my mind, I'll be sharing a poem.. Or something of that sort.
Title: Breath
You were nothing like him
The guy I dream of dreaming about;
But your presence in my dream
And the absence of my image of that perfect man,
Makes you the person of my dreams, doesn't it?
Your hands were soft,
Not as soft as your eyes
Eyes so full of love and compassion for any form of life
For some reason my dreams portray me as a damsel in distress
And you were, as the fairytales would have it, my knight in shining armour.
The warmth of your words
That have the power to captivate anybody's soul
They ripped the cage I'd built around my tender heart
And made their way into the delicate zone that exuded nothing but darkness on the outside.
I've never seen anything as beautiful as you
Your mind as pure as untouched pearls.
If only it was real,
What we shared in that dream,
And not just a teenage fantasy
Everything seemed breathtaking
As if the land had been hit by extreme spring beauty during the day
And the night with shiny bokeh lights
As if my whole world, my sheer purpose of being here,  of going through all those past emotions was only so I could find solace in your arms
As if you pump life into me.
Words fail where our relation begins.
A mere glance at you and your comforting smile and I know
Everything is going to be fine.
That I'm going to be okay
As long as you're here and
As long as you're near.
You are what life is to the dying,
What food is to the hungry,
What beauty is to artists
What water is to fishes
You are like breath to me.
With just a glimpse
A tender touch
A gesture to push the strands of hair behind my ears
You pump life into me
Your voice is like the pacemaker for heart,  you make it beat faster with every word you utter.
My stomach does somersaults
Becomes a ballet dancer
When I feel your breath on my skin.
I shiver, goosebumps appear so randomly
Though you are so warm, so real
That everything seems surreal. Unbelievably real..
I know that you live in my fantasies,
I know that my existence might not be of any worth to you..
But I also know that I will breathe only as long as you fuel the fire of my dreams.
You are like breath to me.
-Appiqué<3

8 comments:

Unknown said...

<3

Unknown said...

<3

Unknown said...

Naice work !! .. you should post more poems of yours ... :D .. hopefully we can steal some of your works and make it into a song ;) :D ...

Unknown said...

Thankyou Anish! Steal? Definitely not as good and catchy as "umeedien"
Means a lot though. :-)

siddverma93 said...

One word.. B-E-A-utiful! :D

Unknown said...

Thank you :-) !!!

Sagar Mulani said...

Beautiful Poem.Nice :D

Unknown said...

Thank you :-)