Translate

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Work-Haul

PS: Wrote this back in 2019 and finally unearthed it from a pile of random musings. Here you go.

--------


Everyday I long for the clock to strike five,
I'd get to go home and bid work goodbye.

But I glance at the time and it's only half past ten,
"Oh well", I sigh "the day has just begun".

So I immerse myself in the abysmal world of toil,
Until thoughts of being overlooked start to make my blood boil.


And I read and read but nothing makes sense,
Until I start to wonder, "am I that dense?"


I gulp down a bottle full of water,
In hopes of me being able to author,

Documents and Reports with technical verbiage,
Funny how I got myself stuck into drafting this garbage!


My mind gets flooded with thoughts of being a misfit,
And then I harp on endlessly about wanting to quit!


Tell me, does it make one dead-beat,
for not having the desire to compete,


In a race to reach nowhere,
Where being contentious is a flair.

Where snobbishness is acceptable for experts
And the world gives you a hard time for being an introvert


Where the vertex is an appraisal
And an offense is a reprisal


So I tell myself to show some valor
The world cannot punish you for candor


Until I notice people starting to walk away
It's almost five, maybe another day

1 comment:

Sagar Mulani said...

This is unbelievably relatable.
Thank you ❤️