Translate

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Where my heart sings

The rays of sunshine seeping in 
through that tiny gap in the curtain
The little birdy by my window sill
And the secrets of the world that it spills
The bananas that I organize by shape
My little reading nook and its rustic blanket cape
Sharavati, akruti, aksinya, and vedyayi
Our morning gapshup as I sip my chai
The *line-in* lady creaking through the chinese speaker 
Those hundred cranies where I set my tea cup
Being astounded by your binge watching talent
Or when you relocate spider nests with moves so gallant
Our daily rundown of *What's for lunch, breakfast, and dinner*  
And discussing how the overcast makes everything grimmer
Our make shift dynamic work out zones and moods
Followed by feasting to a wonderful spread of your homemade food
This constant feeling of overwhelming gratitude 
And your tolerance to my ever changing attitude
My room, my books, 
my art, my terrace
my desk, my memories, 
my shelves, my space

I will yearn for it incessantly, I will miss it all
But it's you, my darlings.. that I will miss most of all.

No comments: