Translate

Sunday, June 29, 2014

My corner

This wasn't supposed to be a post post or a boast post but I really wanted to share this.

One thing's for sure: anybody having an impression about me being the intellectual kinds is in for a surprise. Don't say I didn't warn you, I told you I'd read a chick flick/Rom com over fictitious bull anyday.

Not that romcoms aren't fictitious or that I lack imagination. Just that it's easier to imagine a nerd falling for a jock and her for him rather than "magic ",wizardry, robo-fictions, sci-fis... You get the hang.

Not that I'm looking down upon or compelling people to look at them with contempt, I'm just trying to put it out there that Rom com readers are readers as well, so don't judge.

This is my little corner. Every girl visiting me says it's cute :-P . Every guy rolls his eyes. Predictable.
The wall is not pink, inclining more toward a mauve -purplish shade. There are a few toys that I managed to hide from my mum's hands and eyes; she btw was planning to give them away to my cousins or wherever she found kids as she did with all the other toys I used to own once upon a time.

The dog, has no nose giving you a fair idea of how full of fury I was even as a kid, violent though on the surface and to everyone I'm always this peaceful young kid. Back then, this dog was the "thang", you had to have it! The penguin justifying my pingu obsession- a cartoon(clay) on pogo. The bunny, oh come on, it's just toooo adorbs! 
The two barbies whose hair(s) have been through some 3rd degree of torture as I tried sketchpens on them,  shampoos and hairsprays :-/ despicable me!
And cars! Those are my granpas. He was an automobile engineer. Somehow I feel deeply connected to him. Never got to meet him/see him as he died when dad was in his teens. But people say I look like him, so we cool granpoppy!!!
That's the uppermost storey.

The bottommost one has a doctor doctor kit. I guess that's Asian parenting. Will throw your dolls, will keep doctor set/mechanix,  get it?
There is a small wrought iron table chair set, it's so pretty.  As a kid I'd dream of a house with a garden where I would keep such a set. Now seeing the way I keep my room, I think a garden is too much to deal with :-P.
A fairy with discolored dress or rather yellowed white dress. She was given to me by my best friend. This came instead of an apology. We had a fight. As kids whenever we fought, mum would somehow get me to be the bigger person,  to apologize or take the smaller seat or whatever. But when this happened, neither of us spoke. One day she showed up with this.  I guess this was her friendship to me. There was never any apology or even acceptance/acknowledgment of the fact that something was wrong. A gift could set things straight, right? Uhm sadly, not for me, not now atleast.
Moving on to the little wooden man, he had a partner. He fell out I guess (wink) sorry lame. They were both men, no women/female doll. Hence never differentiate.
A shoe pair (canvas) I had just begun painting a year back.
And a major part of my growing up/schooling. Tinkle comics. I had around 200 of them. How wouldn't I? Aunts, cousins and relatives' hand me downs, weekly subscription, random stall buying! I loved them! It helped me with creative thinking .
Very creative (lol).

The middle storey, it started and grew only after 10th grade! My babies- my books! All fictitious love stories. Either they are mainstream rom-coms or fiction ending in a small love story.
Meg Cabot is like half of it. It started with Avalon high, that the same friend of mine gifted. She said the cover is pretty. As I mentioned I used to pretty much hate reading, except for Eva Ibbotson's books (3 only I had read). Then Avalon high changed my read life! :'p!
Avalon high, you didn't ask though, is a book about how this girl discovers everything in her new school resembles king Arthur's life and just when she begins to believe her boyfriend is the reincarnation of king A., she figures she was wrong all along and that she is him. It was cool! Too cool :-P and I know this is fiction but come on, the description of the guy is just so amazing!
Then I began on this unstoppable spree of buying all Meg books except what she is truly known for,  the Princess diaries. I somehow didn't and still don't want to read it, I've surpassed that age. Then came Alyson Noel,  Sarah Dessen, Chetan Bhagat, Anuja Chauhan! I can now proudly say that in the vacations I've had after 10th grade, I've successfully completed 57 novels <3! Lol! Like that's huge! I know there are voracious readers,  but hey, be kind. It's a start, am atleast starting somewhere. And who is competing anyway! Am doing it all for the amazing experience and the world that they take me into! I still am in the hangover of a book named " just listen " . Finished it last night!
Don't count the no. of books on the rack. They could be deceiving. I'm yet to read 5 of those and 10 books of mine my mum has dhapo-fied! :'(

So that's all! My little corner!
Ok bye :-P

  - Appiqué <3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love the corner!!
Though I know every little detail of it (I guess), I still enjoyed reading the post :D

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Thankyou! I still remember your reaction on seeing it for the first time :-D !