Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Confidence

Hello.
I'm definitely going to do a confidence part 2,3,4 and so on. But for now, quick thoughts worth mentioning.
So after my recent gig, the one where I started stammering in my interview because I was so full of self doubt and kept looking down upon myself, I started looking around for youtube videos that taught you somehow to improve your confidence.
Today as I was going through my newsfeeds I notice Miley Cyrus's nomination for icon of the year.
Yea, I've liked her page and I did love her in Hannah Montana.
So I start thinking about it and I think she's worth it. Worth the nomination. Atleast she's not full of self doubt. Atleast she's not going underground after  people went on this public display of rage and disguist as a reaction to her recent videos. She still has fans. Still has people who adore her, probably don't look up to her but appreciate her talent (singing) and that's bc she isn't giving up.
To be really honest I do not appreciate the videos, but the songs are good.  People can dislike her stuff but there is absolutely no need for people to go around expressing their disguist in such a cruel manner. Such comments have the power to  break anybody. Anybody.
All her gigs are a different topic or an array of topics but what I want to point out is that..
There will be times when even the most loyal fans and friends of a person may not believe in their work. There might be a time when you have to compete and probably will lose to your friend, there will be people waiting to pull you down or to watch with great enjoyment as life pulls you down. But the true character of a person and the true meaning of life can only be deciphered during such testing times.
Believe in yourself.
I lack self confidence. I might just be the most underconfident person on this planet. But this event, this loss, this rejection should teach me to change that about myself but not to stop trying.
You are your only friend,  closest friend and your  most bitter enemy. You can push yourself into an abyss or pull yourself out of the shittiest hell hole.
-Appiqué<3

3 comments:

Sagar Mulani said...

Hey This one is nice.Do read before every interview you go for :D

Unknown said...

Seriously read this before every interview...

Unknown said...

Only if I could put this to use. Dayumn!!!